During the ongoing pandemic, everyone is locked at home; people are getting bored and finding sources of recreational activities that improve their skills. From cooking to trying out different Watercolor painting styles, every individual is developing their skills. One such skill is water painting. A lot of people have been investing their time in art; a very popular form of art in today’s era is water painting.
About The Watercolor Painting Style
Watercolor painting is a very beautiful method of art in which the pigments are mixed with water and are used in the painting, Learning how to master various Watercolor painting styles is quite difficult at first, as an individual who has just started practicing different watercolor painting styles finds it difficult to maintain the fluidity of the paint, the individual must know and practice how to balance their control. The various beautiful watercolor painting styles which create different effects are mostly accidental. The artist uses different kinds of water painting styles, for instance working wet- in- wet and wet- on- dry styles which gives different highlights and different textural effects to the painting and makes it unique
Types Of Watercolor Painting Styles
1) Watercolor washes – this is one of the watercolor painting styles, in which an individual can use either a wet surface or a dry one.
2) Dry wash – in this method of watercolor painting style, a brush is made, this can be of any nature flat, round or an angled one, a pigment is chosen and water is mixed in that, then the brush which was decided by the artist is dipped in paint and the artist makes horizontal strokes along the paper.
3) Wet wash – In this process firstly the brush is dipped in water and horizontal strokes of water are made on the entire paper, then the brush is dipped in the pigment decided and the same process is repeated.
4) Wet in wet watercolor painting – in this watercolor painting style, first of all, only water is brushed on the paper, and then the brushes are dipped in paint and spread all over the water wash.
5) Underpainting – in this method a monochrome wash is used which acts as the first layer of the painting and then numerous layers of transparent washes are added over it, this ends up giving the painting a realistic effect.
6) Gradient and color blending – firstly, a simple watercolor wash is done by using one color, then a secondary color with a more intense version of the same hue is used which makes the painting special
7) Dry brush – in this watercolor painting style very little amount of paint is required, it should be mixed in the water to create scratchy strokes.
8) Watercolor bloom -this painting style is a result of when a very wet paint spreads on the painting surface, Wetpaint is applied on a damp surface of the paper, the liquid is then responsible for forcing out the original pigment color which creates irregular shaped designs.
Advantages Of Watercolor Painting Style
1) It has an easy cleanup; it does not require much effort
2) As a huge variety of paints is not used in the art, there’s lesser damage to the painting brushes
3) In the watercolor painting style a very less amount of paint is wasted.
4) For a budding artist, the watercolor painting styles are advantageous as it does not require expensive equipment
5) As a very less amount of paint is used in the various watercolor painting styles, no harsh chemicals are used and the paintings are odor-free.
6) As most water is used in the watercolor painting styles, no harm is caused to the artist’s hands due to any harsh chemicals.
Water painting is a beautiful form of art, the various forms of watercolor painting styles make it eye-catching, the fact that this form of art is easy and does not require a huge amount of paints, expensive equipment is a positive thing, as many people who are not even professionals can practice and excel in this.